Premier Laparoscopic Hysterectomy in Orlando
Florida Hospital Cancer Institute offers the latest and most effective laparoscopic hysterectomy in Orlando for residents of Central Florida and the surrounding regions. A minimally invasive procedure, a laparoscopic hysterectomy is performed by passing one to five small plastic tubes through a small incision in the abdominal wall. Through one of these tubes a small camera is positioned so the surgeon can see a live video feed of the region. The surgeon can then manipulate small instruments inserted through the other tubes to perform the operation itself, removing the uterus, cervix and other organs or tissues as necessary. To learn more about laparoscopic hysterectomy in Orlando, or to schedule an appointment, call (407) 303-1700 or click here to fill out an online assistance form.
Types of Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
The laparoscopic hysterectomy technique is the least painful of the major procedures available and leaves little to no scarring. It is ideal for women who don’t qualify for a vaginal hysterectomy.
Following are the three types of procedures that can be performed using minimally invasive techniques to remove cancerous areas in the body.
- Laparoscopically assisted vaginal hysterectomy. Known as an LAVH, the surgeon inserts a small, lighted tube through a small incision in the belly. Surgical tools are inserted to cut the tissue. The uterus is then removed through the vagina.
- Laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy. Similar to an LAVH this procedure differs in that the uterus is cut into small pieces and removed through the laparoscopic incisions. The cervix is left in place.
- Total laparoscopic hysterectomy. Several small incisions are made in the belly. The doctor then inserts a scope and the necessary tools to cut the uterus and cervix into small pieces so it can be removed through one of the incisions.
Benefits of Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
The primary benefit of a laparoscopic hysterectomy is the limited scarring. Usually only two to four incisions about one-half inch are required to perform any one of the three procedures. One is inside the belly button, one in the top portion of the pubic hair and the other is in the middle side of the front hipbone. Recovery usually requires a two-day stay in the hospital, then two weeks of light rest.
Additional benefits of laparoscopic hysterectomy include:
- Significantly less pain
- Less blood loss
- Fewer complications
- A faster return to normal daily activities
- Decreased risk of infection
Request an Appointment
To learn more about laparoscopic hysterectomy in Orlando, or to schedule an appointment, call (407) 303-1700 or click here to fill out an online assistance form.Back to Top