Florida Hospital Altamonte is pleased to announce the opening of the new Multidisciplinary Breast Cancer Clinic.
At the new facility, physicians evaluate breast cancer patients in a comprehensive, single-day setting — helping to decrease the time between diagnosis and treatment. During appointments, patients will meet with their care team — including a medical oncologist, breast surgeon and radiation oncologist — who will discuss an appropriate course of treatment and answer any questions. Patients can access all three specialties at one location.
The clinic also offers advanced treatment options for breast cancer, including the newly installed TrueBeam® system, which is designed to deliver precise radiation directly to a tumor site while sparing healthy tissue and reducing overall treatment time.
Each patient’s condition is reviewed by our team of experts prior to his/her visit in order to optimize their plan of care. Additional appointments for imaging, labs or ancillary services such as plastic surgery will be discussed with the patient and scheduled as needed. Benefits of our unique, multidisciplinary approach include:
- Multiple cancer specialists focused on each patient and his/her specific diagnosis.
- Patients have the opportunity to ask questions about their diagnosis.
- Patients receive their customized treatment plan during a single visit.
- Patients receive a same-day consultation with multiple cancer specialists.
Participating providers include:
- Martin Dietrich, MD, PhD, Board-Certified Medical Oncologist
- Catherine Hwang, MD, Board-Certified Radiation Oncologist
- Devina McCray, MD, Board-Certified Surgeon
- Lisa Minton, MD, Board-Certified Surgeon
The new clinic will be located at 661 E. Altamonte Drive, Suite 231, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701. For more information or patient referral, contact the clinic at (407) 303-2100 or visit our clinic page here.