Johnny Ray Bernard, Jr., MD is board certified in radiation oncology and treats all disease sites, including breast, thoracic, CNS, GI, skin, gynecologic and prostate, with a special interest in stereotactic radiation for lung, prostate, and CNS cancer. Dr. Bernard has treated a diverse cancer population with a variety of advanced radiation therapy techniques—from brachytherapy to 4D CT planning and electron therapy to radioimmunotherapy. An impressive amount of research, peer-reviewed articles in Journal of Clinical Oncology and International Journal of Radiation Oncology,lectures, honors and volunteer services, make Dr. Bernard an asset to the cancer team.
- Board Certified, Radiation Oncology
- Major and Captain, United States Army
- Captain and 2nd Lieutenant, United States Army Reserve
- Chief Resident, Radiation Oncology, Mayo Clinic Florida, Jacksonville, FL
- Residency, Radiation Oncology, Mayo Clinic Florida, Jacksonville, FL
- Internship, Internal Medicine, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN
- Medical Degree, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN
- Member, American College of Physician Executives, American Brachytherapy Society, American Society for Radiation Oncology and American Medical Association
- 3D Conformal Radiation
- 4D CT Planning
- Breast Cancer
- Electron Therapy
- Gynecologic Cancer
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Prone Breast Irradiation
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy
- Stereotactic Radiation
- Thoracic Cancer
- Urologic Cancer
Request an Appointment
Need help scheduling an appointment? Our Cancer Care Coordinators are here to help! You can schedule an appointment with a Care Coordinator by calling (407) 303-1700 or click here to fill out an online assistance form.
Your free call will be answered by a specially trained oncology health care professional and remain confidential. No insurance authorization or referral is necessary. If calling after hours, please leave a detailed message, and you will be contacted within one business day.