Afshin Forouzannia, MD is board certified in radiation oncology with focused skill in breast, pediatric, and head and neck cancers. Dr. Forouzannia had extensive experience using breast brachytherapy during his residency and has made several presentations on the subject, along with publications on other emerging therapies, including Intraoperative Radiotherapy (IORT). His wide-ranging published work, many invited lectures, academic positions and oncology committee work are assets to his patients and fellow physicians.
• Board Certified, Radiation Oncology
• Residency, Radiation Oncology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
• Internship, St. Joseph’s Mercy Hospital, Ann Arbor, MI
• Medical Degree, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI
• 3-D Conformal Radiation Therapy
• Breast Interstitial Brachytherapy (Mammosite and Multilumen Catheter)
• Colon and Rectal Cancer
• Head and Neck Cancer
• High-Dose-Rate Brachytherapy (HDR)
• Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
• Intra-Operative Radiation Therapy (IORT)
• Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
• Low-Dose-Rate Brachytherapy (LDR)
• Lung Cancer
• Pediatric Cancer
• Prostate Interstitial Brachytherapy
• Radiolabeled Immunotherapy
• Skin Brachytherapy
• Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)
Request an Appointment
Need help scheduling an appointment? Our Cancer Care Coordinators are here to help! You can schedule an appointment with a Care Coordinator by calling (407) 303-1700 or click here to fill out an online assistance form.
Your free call will be answered by a specially trained oncology health care professional and remain confidential. No insurance authorization or referral is necessary. If calling after hours, please leave a detailed message, and you will be contacted within one business day.