Genetic Cancer Risk Factors
Risk factors for an inherited cancer syndrome in your family include:
- Cancer diagnosed under the age of 50
- Multiple primary tumors in the same individual (e.g., diagnosed with colon and uterine cancer, bilateral breast cancer, etc.)
- Multiple family members in several generations on the same side of the family diagnosed with cancer
- Multiple family members on the same side of the family diagnosed with the same type of cancer
- Certain rare tumors (e.g., medullary thyroid cancer, male breast cancer, etc.)
- A blood relative with a known mutation
- Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry
To learn more about Genetic Counseling at Florida Hospital Cancer Institute, click on the links below:
Would you like more information?
To learn more about genetic counseling provided at Florida Hospital Cancer Institute, call (407) 303-1700 or click here to fill out an online assistance form.